- If you wish to recruit participants from the subject pool of the Department of Psychology, you need to first apply for departmental ethics approval. The quota of participants that can be recruited from the subject pool is set at the begging of each term and is specific to the Department’s staff and students. For research on participants outside the subject pool, experimenters must apply to the relevant institutional review boards (e.g., Clinical Research Ethics Committee (CREC), Survey and Behavioral Research Ethics (SBRE))
- For experimenters using both subject pool and non-subject pool participants, they need to apply to the relevant institutional review boards only and submit documentation of ethics approval to the subject pool coordinator.
How to Apply
- To apply for ethics approval using subject pool participants from the Department of Psychology, please visit this webpage: http://www.psy.cuhk.edu.hk/subjectpool/OL_postep.htm
- To apply for ethics approval using non-subject pool participants, please visit this webpage: https://www.orkts.cuhk.edu.hk/research-and-funding/research-ethics
- All staff & students who have CUHK OnePass can access the site.