Fiona obtained her PhD with a specialization in Clinical Psychology from The University of Hong Kong in 2017. She received her MPhil degree in Psychiatry at the same university in 2013.
In view of the high demand yet simultaneously limited resources for mental health services, she has been actively investigating the integration of low-intensity psychological interventions into service provision as a way of increasing access to evidence-based psychological treatments for common mental illnesses in primary health settings. In addition, her research also focuses on the management of sleep disturbances, particularly insomnia.
- PSYC3740 Evidence-based Mental Health Practice
- Low-intensity psychological interventions for common mental disorders (treatment, organization, and government levels, e.g., stepped care and smartphone-based interventions)
- Sleep disturbance as a transdiagnostic process in psychological disorders
- Sleep-wake patterns and variability in individuals with psychological disorders
- Lifestyle medicine and mental health
- Integrative medicine (e.g., cognitive behavioral therapy plus traditional Chinese medicine)
Ho, Y. Y., Chan, C. S., & Tang, K. N. S. (2016). Cognitive-behavioral therapy for sleep disturbances in treating posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Clinical Psychology Review, 43, 90-102.
Ho, Y. Y., Yeung, W. F., Ng, T. H. Y., & Chan, C. S. (2016). The efficacy and cost-effectiveness of stepped care prevention and treatment for depressive and/or anxiety disorders: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Scientific Reports, 6, 29281.
Ho, Y. Y., Chung, K. F., Yeung, W. F., Ng, T. H., Kwan, K. S., Yung, K. P., & Cheng, S. K. (2015). Self-help cognitive-behavioral therapy for insomnia: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Sleep Medicine Reviews, 19, 17-28.
Yeung, W. F., Chung, K. F., Ho, Y. Y., & Ho, L. M. (2015). Predictors of dropout from Internet-based self-help cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 73, 19-24.
Ho, Y. Y., Chung, K. F., Yeung, W. F., Ng, T. H. Y., & Cheng, S. K. W. (2014). Weekly brief phone support in self-help cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia disorder: Relevance to adherence and efficacy. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 63, 147-156.